By Elizabeth Arif-Fear
Have you ever felt passionate about a cause but felt that niggling self-doubt inside?
Perhaps you’ve been told that you’ll be “wasting your time”, that you “can’t ever make a real difference”?
Maybe you’re simply part of a small team and think you can’t create any real impact?
Well, we say: forget that! It’s time to say “no” to the naysayers and remind ourselves of the power that each and every one of us has to make a difference.
Now of course, people = power. But, that doesn’t mean we can’t make a difference on our own/in small groups and even grow. After all, we all have to start somewhere right?
Well, yes! There’s lots of people that would and do very much agree!
Take a look at our top 10 favourite quotes by politicians, activists and leaders alike showing that we can all make a difference!
Great stuff! Now, are you feeling inspired? Well, why not put that idea you’ve kept in the back of your mind into action?
Whatever your passion, you’ll need a plan. But don’t worry, we’ve got a template right here for you to guide you along the way!
Here are a few key pointers using the GAMMA method of campaigning developed by the Radicalisation Awareness Network.
Here’s what you’ll need to think about and plan:
– G = Goal: What’s your end aim? What do you want to achieve?
– A = Audience: Who are you reaching out to? Who will you need to engage?
– M= Message: What is your message? What are you trying to do/say?
– M = Messenger: How will you get the message out there? Online? Offline? Or both?
– A = Action: What will your call to action be? What will you be asking people to do?
Do some research and evaluation before, during and after your campaign.
– Stage 1: What inspires you? Why are you doing this?
– Stage 2: What is already going well? What are people responding to?
– Stage 3: What is needed / left to do? Where / what are the gaps?
– Stage 4: What do you need to realise this? What else is there that needs to be done?
With this plan, you’ll have the means to really pin down your goal, power up your passion and campaign for hopefully some impactful change.
Remember: the power is your hands!